Last Updated 11/23/2021
Before buying check out these online retailers for the best prices and if any discounts or checkout codes exist.
- http://www.sportstop.com/ - Daily deal and great pricing all year round
- http://www.lacrossemonkey.com/ - Usually every 2 months has between 10-20% off sales
- http://laxsteals.com/ - Daily deals at really good prices. Check back regularly for lacrosse heads and shafts at great prices.
- http://www.universallacrosse.com/ - Some great all in one stick deals
- http://lacrosseunlimited.com - Visit a local store and try before you buy
Best Beginner Complete Stick
If your brand new to Lacrosse, I'd recommend the StringKing Complete line of sticks. They come with great mesh and pockets and are reasonably priced.
Ages 9 and Under
- Complete 2 Junior - https://stringking.com/mens-lacrosse/sticks/complete-2-jr/ - $70
- Complete 2 Int - https://stringking.com/mens-lacrosse/sticks/complete-2-int/ - $100
- Buy one of the sticks listed below
Below are a list of lacrosse heads that we would recommend. Shop around at the above websites to find the best deals. General Comments
- Buy an X spec or Universal lacrosse head. They are a little wider at the narrowest part of the head, and High School spec sticks will be illegal in the near future
- Kids usually like white heads as they get into the 12+ age range
- Use white mesh to blend in with the ball, shooters and sidewalls can be any color, but white shooters also are helpful to make sure the ball isn't as visible. In addition some dyed mesh can feel harder and more rigid giving the head a little less hold
Attack & Midfield
- STX HyperPower - https://www.stx.com/hyper-power-mens-lacrosse-head - $99 - Has a bit of a curve on it, some players may not like, but does increase shot speed slightly
- Maverik Tactik 2.0 - https://maveriklacrosse.com/product/tactik-2-0-head/ - $99
- Nike Lakota 3 - https://www.sportstop.com/products/nike-lakota-3-lacrosse-head?variant=39619826090122
- STX Hammer 900 - https://www.stx.com/mens-lacrosse/gear/heads/hammer-900-lacrosse-head - $112
- Maverik Tank 2.0 - https://maveriklacrosse.com/product/tank2/ - $100
- ECD lacrosse Rebel D - https://ecdlax.com/collections/mens-lacrosse-heads/products/rebel-defense - $90
- ECD Lax Weapon X - https://ecdlax.com/collections/mens-lacrosse-heads/products/weapon-x - $90
- STX Duel 3 - https://www.stx.com/mens-lacrosse/gear/heads/duel-3-lacrosse-head - $112
- STX Eclipse 2 - https://www.stx.com/mens-lacrosse/gear/heads/eclipse-ii - $112 - Don't bother with any other head, this is the best one
Lacrosse shafts are mostly a preference thing. It might be best to go into Lacrosse Unlimited and test them out. Depending on the style of player, you may want a stronger shaft vs a lighter shaft. You will want a stronger shaft for the player that likes doing one handed checks, or cross checks with his hands slightly wide. Offensive players will want a lighter shaft.
There really isn't a reason to spend more than $100 for a 40 inch or $175 for a 60 inch Lacrosse shaft. In fact, you can get good deals on shafts at the Lacrosse Monkey clearance section: https://www.lacrossemonkey.com/clearance.html . If you are looking for a newer shaft see the list below.
Attack & Midfield
- Nike Vapor Composite Attack lacrosse shaft - 6.4oz - https://www.sportstop.com/products/nike-vapor-composite-attack-lacrosse-shaft_2 - $100
- ECD Lax Carbon 3.0 - 6.2oz - https://ecdlax.com/collections/mens-lacrosse-shafts/products/carbon-3-0 - $100
- Stringking Metal 3 (155 or 175) - https://stringking.com/mens-lacrosse/shafts/mens-metal-3-pro-attack/ - $120 - The number is the weight in grams
Spending alot of money on a defensive lacrosse shaft may be a mistake. They tend to break with an agressive defender. I would look to pick up a shaft from the clearance sections of the following stores:
Some Clearance Ideas
- Nike Vandal Defense Shaft 2019 Model - https://www.sportstop.com/products/nike-vandal-defense-lacrosse-shaft?variant=34340188946570
- Epoch Dragonfly Elite C60 IQ3 - https://www.sportstop.com/products/epoch-dragonfly-elite-c60-iq3-gold-composite-defense-lacrosse-shaft
- Field Players - Stringking 4x - https://stringking.com/mens-lacrosse/mesh/type-4/
- Face offs - Stringking 4s (I think 4f is too soft)